Volunteers are a valuable and vital part of EACH. Our volunteers provide support for our staff, but they also assist with running activities and programs and in doing so develop a range of skills.
What types of volunteer opportunities available at EACH?
- Assisting people with arts, crafts, and woodwork;
- Kitchen assistance for activity program;
- Child care/youth;
- Assisting with recreational activities such as board games, cards, music, social outings;
- Outdoor work such as gardening;
- Assisting in our opportunity shop;
- Providing companionship for older adults; and
- Driving people to appointments, shopping or activities.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Meet and socialise with your peers.
- Build self confidence.
- Keep fit and active.
- Learn new skills or maintain existing ones.
- Give back to the community.
- Make a difference to someone’s health and wellbeing.
How do I become a volunteer?
To make an appointment, or for further information on volunteering at EACH please contact us on 1300 00 3224.