Volunteers are a valuable and vital part of EACH Social and Community Health. Our volunteers provide support for our staff, but they also assist with running activities and programs and in doing so develop a range of skills.
What types of volunteer opportunities available at EACH?
- Assisting people with arts, crafts, and woodwork;
- Kitchen assistance for activity program;
- Child care/youth;
- Assisting with recreational activities such as board games, cards, music, social outings;
- Outdoor work such as gardening;
- Assisting in our opportunity shop;
- Providing companionship for older adults; and
- Driving people to appointments, shopping or activities.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Meet and socialise with your peers.
- Build self confidence.
- Keep fit and active.
- Learn new skills or maintain existing ones.
- Give back to the community.
- Make a difference to someone’s health and wellbeing.
How do I become a volunteer?
To make an appointment, or for further information on volunteering at EACH please contact us on 1300 00 3224.