Life! - Diabetes Prevention Group
Prevent Type 2 Diabetes with Life!
Life! is a FREE group program for eligible people at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, which is developed by Diabetes Victoria and includes:
- A one-on-one introductory session and four core fortnightly group sessions with 2 additional follow up sessions.
- Knowledge, skills, support and expert advice needed to make lifestyle choices to prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Support and motivation to help people reach their health goals.
- Each session is run by a qualified health professional and runs for approximately 120 minutes and partners/friends are welcome to provide extra support.
- Participants receive a comprehensive participant workbook full of practical information on nutrition and physical activity, goal setting, sleep, stress and lapses.
Life! is facilitated by the Health & Wellness Team at EACH, with our next program starting March 2019!
Am I Eligible?
Life! is open to all Victorian adults (18 years and older) with an AUSDRISK score ≥ 12 (Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool AUSDRISK) and BMI ≥ 25
People may also be eligible if they have a previous diagnosis of:
- Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Gestational diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease (including angina, myocardial infarction and angioplasty)
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Moderate or severe chronic kidney disease
- Total serum cholesterol >7.5mmol/L
- Systolic BP ≥ 180mmHg or diastolic BP of ≥ 110mmHg
People who have an absolute CVD risk score of ≥ 10% when referred by a GP clinic are also welcome.
EACH, 2 Capital City Boulevard, Westfield Knox Ozone, Wantirna South 3152
10am – 12pm
Session 1: Thursday 21 March 2019
Session 2: Thursday 4 April 2019
Session 3: Thursday 18 April 2019
Session 4: Thursday 2 May 2019
Session 5: To be confirmed by facilitator in Session #4
Session 6: To be confirmed by facilitator in Session #4
Contact our Intake Team on 9757 6200 / 9837 3900 or LIFE! on 13 RISK (13 74 75).