Eastern Victims Assistance Program
The Eastern Victims Assistance Program responds to the needs of victims of violent crime by providing support and information.
This program offers:
- Confidential support and information for victims of a violent crime such as family violence, sexual assault, physical assault and homicide.
- Practical support, outreach services, court support, referral to support groups, solicitors and counselling if required.
- Assistance to make application through the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT) for on-going counselling and financial assistance.
Who can access this program?
– Primary victims of a violent crime (and related victims in the case of homicide) which occurred in Victoria and was reported within the previous two years.
– Victims of domestic violence who have a current Intervention Order.
What does it cost?
This program is free.
When can this program be accessed?
This program can be accessed Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. After hours appointments are available.