Mental Health Community Intake
The each Mental Health Community Intake service provides centralised access for people with a severe and enduring psychiatric condition, their Carers, families and any person wishing to refer for a Mental Health Community Support Service including bed based services and Individual outreach support. Intake covers the local government areas of: Whittlesea, Nillumbik, Darebin, Banyule, Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Maroondah, Knox, Yarra Ranges, Greater Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia.
**The bed based residential rehabilitation services are located in the East, North, Inner east and South East of Melbourne.
Each MHC Intake is not a crisis response service. For emergency services please call:
- Police/ Ambulance/Fire 000,
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Psychiatric Triage in the appropriate area.
This program offers:
The intake service provides
- Registration for new consumers.
- Screening and determination of eligibility.
- Referral of eligible clients to local Mental Health Community Support Service providers of choice for comprehensive assessment.
- Secure sending of appropriate screening information to Mental Health Community Support Service providers.
- Follow up of referral to service providers to ensure timely access for the consumer.
- Information and referral to other appropriate health and support services for ineligible consumers.
- Cross referrals to other services for specific services.
- Regular contact with all consumers on the needs register whilst waiting for MHCS service.
- Staff facilitation of the bed based selection panels for youth/adult residential rehabilitation services.
- Referrals to Carers and family support services.
- Provision for self-management.
Who can access this program?
This program supports people aged 16-64 that have a disability that is attributable to a severe and enduring psychiatric condition. Have impairment/s that are permanent or likely to be and that results in substantially reduced psychosocial functioning that affects communication, social interaction, learning, and self-care, self-management social and economic participation.
What does it cost?
This program is free.
When can this program be accessed?
This program can be accessed Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
How can you access this program?For more information please contact us on 1300 785 358.
Groups and Programs: