Tailored support when and where you need it.
Mental Health Occupational Therapy supports you to be as independent as possible by building your skills to participate in everyday activities.
Our Occupational Therapists work with people experiencing mental illness (psychosocial disability), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Intellectual Disability (ID). They look at how these conditions impact a person’s wellbeing and day-to-day living.
- Daily living skills: We can help you to be as independent as possible with day-to-day activities, including self-care, home duties and community engagement.
- Balancing daily routine and time use: Together, we can look at your time-use and help you to achieve greater balance with your daily routine.
- Functional Assessment: We write reports to capture how your mental health and other conditions impact on your daily functioning.
- Environmental assessment: We can look at how your mental health impacts on how you interact with key environments such as you home, community and/or workplace.
- Sensory exploration: We can help you learn how your senses make you feel, and provide ideas to regulate your body and emotions.
- Helping with motivation: We understand that mental health affects your motivation, and together we can build motivation to get the best use out of your day.
- Linking with leisure interests: We can help you to recognise your leisure or volunteering interests, and link you into enjoyable activities in your community.
- Psycho-social counselling: We offer a comfortable and safe space to discuss and implement strategies to help you with life’s obstacles.
- Positive behaviour support: We can work with you and key people in your life to create individual strategies to improve quality of life and reduce behaviours of concern.
- Improving interpersonal relationships: Together we develop skills to help manage the important relationships in your life and valued life roles.
- COVID-19 Support: With are currently providing support to our customers via Zoom and Telehealth sessions.
Our team has special interests in the areas of severe motivational difficulties, trauma-informed care and supporting mother-child bonding and parenting. The team also holds training in AMPS assessment – the gold standard in functional assessments.
We work with you from the initial comprehensive assessment to therapeutic sessions, developing therapeutic goals and recommendations to help support you to led a healthier life.
At EACH, we support people with a disability or mental illness to achieve their goals through local, individualised, community-based support.
We offer NDIS Mental Health Occupational Therapy in Endeavour Hills, Cranbourne, Berwick, Narre Warren and Tooradin and surrounding areas.
Please note, we can support people outside these areas via Telehealth options.