The Health Psychology service offers specialised counselling to support people with health conditions develop healthy, hopeful and meaningful lives.
Our Health Psychologist can assist in the development of achievable goals to support health and wellbeing. The service also provides tailored counselling to support you best manage the ups and downs of living with health concerns:
- Living with health issues can be challenging and it’s common to feel worried or down; talking with someone can help
- Your health can impact on other areas of your life; counselling can build your resilience
- Psychological treatments can provide guidance and support for creating healthy lifestyle change
- Your health psychologist can work closely with you and your health team to support a holistic approach to your wellbeing
This program offers:
- Specialist counselling service to support you best manage health and wellbeing.
- Provide people with the information, skills and support they require to best manage the challenges of living with health conditions.
- Help you get on track to maintaining healthy lifestyle behaviours such as regular physical activity, balanced diet and participating in life.
- GP referral is not required.
Who can access this program?
This service welcomes anyone seeking support to best manage health and wellbeing.
A GP referral is not required.
What does it cost?
$11 for low income (concernssion / health care card). $18 medium income. There is no cost for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
When can this program be accessed?
This program can be accessed:
Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully site: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (business hours)
How can you access this program?For more information please contact us on To make an appointment call Knox Intake 03 9757 3200.
Groups and Programs:
EACH offer a range of services to support people living with health concerns.
Please refer to our booklet Your Health Matters for the latest groups and courses on offer.