The SHADES program aims to prevent individuals returning to or becoming homeless on discharge from Maroondah Hospital Mental health wards and PARC.
On Discharge the program provides short term intensive support to prevent relapse and re-admission to hospital and transitioning to longer term support with assistance to access stable, appropriate housing.
This program is located at Eastern Health Maroondah Hospital Inpatient units 1 & 2 Ringwood East, Victoria.
This program offers:
- Support to access accommodation on discharge from the ward
- Advocacy and financial assistance to maintain existing accommodation
- Material and financial aid
- Collaboration with clinical services, homelessness services, public and private housing providers
- Linkages and referrals to clinical and community services to prevent relapse and re-admission to hospital
- An intensive level of support for up to three months
- Supporting practical and emotional needs
- Transitioning to longer term support if needed.
- Support to address longer term housing plans and applications to the Office of Housing and housing associations.
Who can access this program?
This program supports people aged 18-64 who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless at discharge from Maroondah Hospital’s psychiatric inpatient units and Maroondah Prevention and Recovery Centre, who are not engaged with clinical and support services on admission to hospital.
What does it cost?
This program is free
When can this program be accessed?
This program supports individuals Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
How can you access this program?For more information please contact us on 1300 785 358.
Groups and Programs: