Our Oral Health Service is still open at our Ferntree Gully Site!!
In line with current measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all non-urgent dental procedures will be put on hold across Victoria from 30 March 2020 for three months with a review expected in June 2020.
Services put on hold at this time include:
- – General dental care such as check-ups and cleaning, fillings, X-rays and root canal treatments
- – Routine denture services
- – Oral health promotion
In these unprecedented times, we understand how vital it is to ensure we continue to stay connected with our clients.
We want to assure you that we are still operating with limited Emergency Dental Services as described by Level 3 restrictions recommended by The Australian Dental Association to cater to our community’s needs.
Emergency care covers many different dental procedures.
These will be assessed by your oral health professional and may include:
- – Swelling of the face (especially if it’s hard to breathe)
- – Trauma to the face (especially if it’s hard to breathe)
- – Bleeding from the mouth that won’t stop
- – An ulcer or sore in your mouth that hasn’t healed for 2 weeks or more
- – Severe mouth pain that keeps you awake
- – Tooth fracture (opening the tooth’s nerve)
- – Significant dental trauma (e.g. your tooth has been knocked out)
- – You have been advised by your doctor to see a dentist for treatment before a medical procedure.
In addition, we are also providing a Denture repair service for any dentures that have broken in half only. In this instance, we can arrange a pickup and drop off via letterbox service for you.
Suitability will be determined via the triage process and fees to be paid via phone at the time of making an appointment. Please note that we cannot do any tooth addition or repair any broken wires at this stage.
Our Public Dental Clinic is open between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Our Private Dental Clinic is also open for Emergency Dental Care only.
If you have a dental emergency or require oral health advice, please contact us on 9757 6200 or 1300 003 224.
With the introduction of Stage 3 limitations, we are continuing to revise and build on our existing social distancing policies and Health and Safety protocols. We have now implemented a mandatory temperature screening for all staff, clients and contractors entering our Ferntree Gully Centre.
With things changing day by day, we will remain vigilant and responsive to ensure we can continue providing emergency dental care to our community.