Prevent type 2 diabetes with Life!
Life! is a FREE group program for eligible people at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, developed by Diabetes Victoria:
- The Life! group course involves a one-on-one introductory session and five group sessions run across a six month period. There is also a follow up session at 12 months.
- The group course offers people the knowledge, skills, support and expert advice needed to make lifestyle choices to prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- The group environment provides support and motivation to help people reach their health goals.
- Each session is run by a qualified health professional and runs for approximately 120 minutes and partners/friends are welcome to provide extra support.
- Participants receive a comprehensive participant workbook full of practical information on nutrition and physical activity, goal setting, sleep, stress and lapses.
- Life! is facilitated by the Health & Wellness Team at EACH, with our next program starting October 2018 at our Wantirna South site.
Am I Eligible?
Life! is open to all Victorian adults (18 years and older) with an AUSDRISK score ≥ 12 (Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool AUSDRISK) and BMI ≥ 25
People may also be eligible if they have a previous diagnosis of:
- Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Gestational diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease (including angina, myocardial infarction and angioplasty)
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Moderate or severe chronic kidney disease
- Total serum cholesterol >7.5mmol/L
- Systolic BP ≥ 180mmHg or diastolic BP of ≥ 110mmHg
People who have an absolute CVD risk score of ≥ 10% when referred by a GP clinic are also welcome.
Group details are as follows –
EACH, 2 Capital City Boulevard, Westfield Knox Ozone, Wantirna South 3152
10am – 12pm
Session 1: 1/11/18
Session 2: 15/11/18
Session 3: 29/11/18
Session 4: 13/12/18
Session 5: May 2019 (Date to be confirmed closer to the time)
Session 6: November 2019 (Date to be confirmed closer to the time)
Contact our intake team on 9757 6200 or LIFE! Team on 13 RISK (13 74 75).