Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Keeping Safe
Our Oral Health Service is still open at our Ferntree Gully Site!!
In line with current measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all non-urgent dental procedures will be put on hold across Victoria until further notice.
Services put on hold at this time include:
- General dental care such as check-ups and cleaning, fillings, X-rays and root canal treatments
- Routine denture services
- Oral health promotion/community events
In these unprecedented times, we understand how vital it is to ensure we continue to stay connected with our clients.
We want to assure you that we are still operating with limited Emergency Dental Services as described by Level 4 restrictions recommended by The Australian Dental Association to cater to our community’s needs.
Emergency care covers many different dental procedures.
These will be assessed by your oral health professional and may include:
- Swelling of the face (especially if it’s hard to breathe)
- Trauma to the face (especially if it’s hard to breathe)
- Bleeding from the mouth that won’t stop
- An ulcer or sore in your mouth that hasn’t healed for 2 weeks or more
- Severe mouth pain that keeps you awake
- Tooth fracture (opening the tooth’s nerve)
- Significant dental trauma (e.g. your tooth has been knocked out)
- You have been advised by your doctor to see a dentist for treatment before a medical procedure.
In addition, we are also providing a Denture repair service for any dentures that have broken in half only. In this instance, we can arrange a pickup and drop off via letterbox service for you.
Suitability will be determined via the triage process and fees to be paid via phone at the time of making an appointment. Please note that we cannot do any tooth addition or repair any broken wires at this stage.
Our Public Dental Clinic is open between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Our Private Dental Clinic is also open for Emergency Dental Care only.
If you have a dental emergency or require oral health advice, please contact us on 9757 6200 or 1300 003 224.
Oral health is an import part of your overall health.
We provide a high quality public dental service that offers emergency, general and denture care for children and adults. We also work to improve the oral health of the general community through education and awareness activities.
We operate dental clinics from our Ferntree Gully and Ringwood health centres.
This program offers:
- General dental care
- Emergency dental care
- Dental education
Who can access this program?
This program is available to:
- Holders or dependents of Health Care or Pension Concession cardholders.
- Children aged between 2-17 years eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Schedule (family receives Family Tax Benefit Part A or a relevant Australian Government payment).
- Children up to 13 without Health care or Pensioner Concession card No waiting lists apply. Free for holders or dependent of holders of Health Care or Pension Concession card or eligible for Child Dental Benefit Schedule.
Priority Access and no Fee for:
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander people
- Newly arrived refugees
- Asylum seekers
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
Priority Access with fee for pregnant women with current Health Care or Pensioner card.
What does it cost?
The flat fees for this service are:
- $29 per emergency appointment
- Fee of $29 per visit per course of care, to a maximum fee of $116 for a general course of care
- $69.50 per denture, capped at $139 for a full upper and lower denture
Please contact us for further information.
When can this program be accessed?
Services can be accessed Monday to Friday. A limited number of after-hours appointments may be available.
For more information on our Dental Services, please contact us on 1300 003 224.