Oral health is an important part of your overall health.
We provide a high quality public dental service that offers emergency, general and denture care for children and adults. We also work to improve the oral health of the general community through education and awareness activities.
We operate dental clinics from our Ferntree Gully and Ringwood health centres.
This program offers:
- General dental care
- Emergency dental care
- Dental education
Who can access this program?
This program is available to:
- Holders or dependents of Health Care or Pension Concession cardholders.
- Children aged between 2-17 years eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Schedule (family receives Family Tax Benefit Part A or a relevant Australian Government payment).
- Children up to 13 without Health care or Pensioner Concession card No waiting lists apply. Free for holders or dependent of holders of Health Care or Pension Concession card or eligible for Child Dental Benefit Schedule.
Priority Access and no Fee for:
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander people
- Newly arrived refugees
- Asylum seekers
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
Priority Access with fee for pregnant women with current Health Care or Pensioner card.
What does it cost?
The flat fees for this service are:
- $29.50 per emergency appointment
- Fee of $29.50 per visit per course of care, to a maximum fee of $118 for a general course of care
- $70.50 per denture, capped at $141 for a full upper and lower denture
Please contact us for further information.
When can this program be accessed?
Services can be accessed Monday to Friday.
For more information on our Dental Services, please contact us on 1300 003 224.