Support for older people with or at risk of developing a mental illness living in aged care homes.
EACH One Matters is a service offering psychological therapies for older people with mental illness living in Residential Aged Care Facilities.
We can support older people to improve their mental health to increase wellbeing and quality of life.
We also offer support and training for facilities staff. We understand that caring for someone with a mental health condition such as depression or anxiety can be challenging, but there are services, resources and support to help staff in their caring role.
EACH One Matters provides:
- evidence-based psychological individual and group therapies that are tailored to the needs of older people;
- in-reach services to your facility;
- services within a stepped care framework for residents experiencing mild to moderate mental illness;
- capacity building for staff at residential aged care facilities, including training in mental health;
- a collaborative approach, working closely with facility staff, residents and their GP and families.
EACH One Matters is available to residential aged care facilities across the Mid North Coast region of NSW, including the following Local Government Areas:
- Port Macquarie-Hastings
- Coffs Harbour.
This service is supported by funding from the North Coast Primary Health Network through the Australian Government’s PHN Program.
This program offers:
- Flexible and tailored approach
- Integrated case management
- Connects older Australians with the appropriate level and mix of care
- Reduces duplication and barriers to access
- Aims to reduce escalation to crisis and hospitalisation situations
- Evidence-based framework
- Builds capacity of facility staff.
Who can access this program?
EACH One Matters provides support for older people (over 65 years of age) living in residential aged care facilities experiencing or are at risk of developing mental health conditions including:
- Diagnosed and undiagnosed mental illness
- Anxiety and depression
- Suicidal ideation or intent
The person may be feeling anxious about something and they just cannot shake it; sad or just not themselves – and need to talk to someone about all the changes going on in their life. We are here to listen.
We also work with facility staff to build capacity around education and treatment of mental health including:
- Understanding Mental Illness
- Understanding and identifying behaviours of concern
- Responding to the needs of residents.
What does it cost?
EACH One Matters is free to older people living in a residential aged care facility where the service is offered.
When can this program be accessed?
To have EACH One Matters offered at your residential aged care service, please contact us to organise a meeting with our Partnership Coordinator.
Once established at your facility, residents will be able to be referred for assessment and treatment via your Clinical Care Manager, GPs, family or by self-referral.