The program assists separating families in high conflict about parenting arrangements and care of children. A range of services available such as counselling, family dispute resolution (mediation) and parenting / conflict management group work education.
Qualified practitioners assist separating/separated parents to focus their parenting on the best interests of their children.
This program offers:
Working within the Family Law Act and maintaining a strong focus on the best interests of the child, the POP provides:
- a neutral, safe and affordable place to discuss parenting issues
- access to free legal advice (on family law matters)
- free, short-term counselling for parents and their children
- free advice on parenting matters, conflict management, and communication skills
- information on, and referral to, relationship counselling, family violence networks, support groups and services in the Eastern Metropolitan Region
Who can access this program?
This program is available to separated parents.
What does it cost?
Fees are charged for group programs, based on a sliding scale of income.
When can this program be accessed?
This service can be accessed Monday and Friday (9:00am to 5:00pm) Tuesday to Thursday (9:00am to 8:00pm)
How can you access this program?For more information please contact us on 1300 00 3224.
Groups and Programs:
'The Business of Parenting After Separation' group is suitable for parents who are ordered by a court to attend a group. The group ( 4 sessions ) is run during each school term in the evening.