WILD - Bush Adventure Therapy
What is WILD all about?
WILD is a Bush Adventure Therapy (BAT) service within EACH, a national community health organisation that has been providing social and community services for over 40 years.
The WILD program gives people a safe space to discover who they are and encourages their personal development by connecting them to their surrounding environment. We support participants to develop healthy relationships with self, others and the environment, to be able to make positive changes through bush adventure therapy.
Check out our WILD Video below:
WILD Event March 6th 2019:
Bush Adventure Therapy Works. So why not become a partner for positive change?
EACH WILD is a finalist the Victorian Healthcare Association Awards. Click HERE to read more.
EACH WILD has a winner in the Victorian Learn Local Awards. Click HERE to read more.
Bush Adventure Therapy works, but HOW?
Staff from our Mental Health and Health Promotion Teams wanted to explore how BAT works and embarked on a research journey to find out. You can view the evaluation report they produced HERE.
This research was informed by personal accounts into the individual human experience of Wild, our youth BAT program here at EACH. The findings of this research were published recently in an international peer-reviewed mental health journal, the link to this article is below:
Healing Fears, Conquering Challenges: Narrative Outcomes from a Wilderness Therapy Program published by Taylor & Francis in the Journal of Creativity in Mental Health. View the journal online HERE.
The findings of this research strongly point to the fact that the success of BAT stems from a complex interplay of positive human relationships taking place outdoors. Healing begins with the positive relationship with staff, which flows onto the relationship with peers and then to the relationship with self.
To view the full news article please click HERE.
This program offers:
- Connecting clients to nature and its healing properties, to each other and to self.
- Opportunities to explore safe spaces within nature to contemplate, learn and review.
- Shared learning through shared experience of nature-based adventure.
- Exposure to experiential adventure and natural consequences, followed by active review opportunities.
- Adventure based activities to step out of a comfort zone to build on personal growth and learning.
What participants can achieve:
- Increased sense of adventure, fun and enjoyment in nature.
- Opportunities to try new things, take control of decisions, and create a sense achievement.
- Increased empathy and patience for self and others.
- Real life opportunities to learn and practice new coping strategies and life skills.
- Improved relationship with self, others and the environment.
- A better understanding of personal goals, values and opportunities for future change.
HERE to find out more.
Who can access this program?
WILD works with schools and agencies who have an existing or newly identified group and is accessible for people of all ages who would benefit from an Adventure Therapy experience.
What does it cost?
The program cost to schools and agencies are dependent on funding eligibility and opportunities, please contact one of our friendly WILD staff to find out more.
When can this program be accessed?
Please contact the WILD team to find out more.
If any of the above programs interest
you, your school or agency, please contact the WILD team to discuss our program
in more detail and how they can be tailored to meet your program needs, costs and
eligibility for funding and the referral process.
How can you access this program?For more information please contact us on 1300 00 3224 or call WILD on (03) 8878 3800 or WILD@each.com.au.
Groups and Programs:
Please get in contact with us to find out more about the different WILD options we run.