Do you care for someone with mental health problems and need extra support through this challenging time?
Join our Family Relationship Support for Carers Service and Knox City Council for an interactive online discussion of practical strategies to consider your own wellbeing, as you support your family member or friend.
Guest presenter: Tania Curlis, Clinical Director of Clarable
Tania is a social worker with vast experience working in support of family carers, in disability services, and in NDIS and mental health policy. She will share insights, strategies and facilitate an informal conversation and a Q&A.
Topics covered include:
- What might we observe when our family member is experiencing a decline in their sense of wellbeing? How can we help?
- What are some helpful strategies to minimise frustration and conflict in the home, while managing the impacts of COVID-19?
- Do you have a safety plan, or strategies in place to prepare if your family member needs more support, quickly?
- Learn the top 5 websites that may be helpful for your family right now.
- How to quiet your inner critic and trust that you are doing your best, as an incredibly resourceful mental health carer!
Date: Thursday, 19th November
Time: 1.00pm – 2.30pm
Zoom Registration Link: https://bit.ly/3eN4ohI
For more information, please contact EACH FRSC via email at email@example.com.