The Short-Term Restorative Care (STRC) Programme is an innovative program that provides early intervention with the aim to reverse and/or slow functional decline and optimise independence.
STRC is delivered through a multi-disciplinary team, case manager, physiotherapy, occupatiional therapy, allied health assistant, dietietics and podiatry. The team works together to build goals that are important to the client to regain independence and autonomy rather than commencing long term care prematurely.
This is provided in a home setting for a period of no longer than 8 weeks. STRC is ideal for people who are:
- Goal-orientated and have the desire to slow down or improve to earlier or improved levels of independence.
- Not currently receiving any Commonwealth Government aged care services in the form of residential care, home care or any other type of flexible care under the act.
This program offers:
The Short Term restorative care program is tailor designed to suit the need of the individual and can involve a number of services. Some of which are:
- Registered Nurse
- Community health worker
- Occupational theapy
- Dental hygienist
- Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Exercise physiologist
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
- Speech pathologist
This will depend on your needs and your individual assessment by your case manager.
Who can access this program?
* Temporary Functional Decline – as define as the ‘reduced ability to perform tasks of everyday living due to a decrease in physical and/or cognitive functioning’
* For clients who are goal-oriented and have the desire to return to earlier or improved levels of independence
* For client who require short term but intensive restorative intervention
* Clients receiving CHSP are also eligible for STRC
What does it cost?
There is currently no charge for this program if you are deemed eligible by an Aged Care Assessment Service.
When can this program be accessed?
This program supports older adults age 65 years of age or 50 for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people. The service can be provided 7 days per week.