The Access & Support program offers individual support to people eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) (over 65 years of age) or Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP) who require assistance accessing services due to barriers experienced because of their diverse needs.
This program has a focus on dementia but will not exclude other people with diverse needs. This includes frail elderly people; or younger people with a disability who do not meet access for NDIS who wish to continue living at home.
The program aims to assist people who are having problems accessing support services.
In light of COVID-19, this program will continue to support our customers with a few changes. Our program now offers
- Welfare visits with social distancing
- Phone call support
- Delivery of activity packs
This program offers:
- Information about services that can help the person remain living at home.
- Forming connections between a person in need and service providers.
- Support a person to independently access the service system.
- Actively engaging with services such as MAC, ACAS, CDAMS and social activity groups to facilitate improved access.
- Strong focus on facilitating access to social activities.
Who can access this program?
This program supports older adults who have difficulties accessing Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) (over 65 years of age) or Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP) services due to their diverse needs.
The person has to have barriers accessing services themselves due to the following 5 diversity issues;
- Memory loss or dementia
- Culturally and linguistically diverse,
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander
- Living in remote or isolated areas
- People experiencing financial disadvantage (including those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness).
We also support older adult (+65) and adults under 65 who have a disability but are not eligible for NDIS.
What does it cost?
This program is free to eligible people.
When can this program be accessed?
This program can be accessed Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.
How can you access this program?For more information please contact us on 1300 003 224.
Groups and Programs:
Supported by the Australian Government Department of Health. Visit the Department of Health website (www.health.gov.au) for more information.