Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners (mediators) and Family Relationship Counsellors assist people experiencing family relationship difficulties.
This program offers:
Working within the Family Law Act and maintaining a strong focus on the best interests of the child, Ringwood FRC provides:
- a neutral, safe and affordable place to discuss parenting issues and to negotiate Parenting Plans
- access to free legal advice (on family law matters)
- child and family consultant
- short-term counselling for parents, step-parents and grandparents
- information and referral to relationship counselling, family violence networks, support groups and services
- advice on parenting matters, conflict management, and communication skills
- Parenting Orders Program for parents in high conflict
- financial and property dispute resolution
Who can access this program?
The Family Relationship Centre provides information, confidential assistance and counselling to adults and children whether to strengthen a relationship, deal with relationship difficulties, adjust to changes in the family or to make plans about the future.
Where families are adjusting to parental separation, the Centre provides information, advice, group sessions, referral and family dispute resolution to help people plan about parenting of children or a property settlement without going to court.
What does it cost?
This program is Government funded. Fees apply for some services. Contact the centre for details.
When can this program be accessed?
This program can be accessed at the following times at the following sites:
Monday and Friday
Tuesday to Thursday
9:00am to 5:00pm
9:00am to 8:00pm
|Ferntree Gully:||Mondays||9:00am to 5:00pm (Booking required)|
|Healesville:||Wednesdays||9:30am to 5:30pm (Booking required)|
|Yarra Junction:||Wednesdays||9:00am to 4:30pm (Booking required)|
How can you access this program?For more information please contact us on 1300 00 3224.
Groups and Programs: